create your own Muesli
Muesli is not only fun to eat, but it’s also fun to make! With our Muesli customizer, you can mix and match grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds for a taste and experience unique to you. Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Choose your base
- Step 2: Choose up to 2 seeds
- Step 3: Choose up to 2 nuts
- Step 4: Choose up to 3 base fruits
- Step 5: Choose up to 2 special fruits
- Step 6: Top it off with some chocolate! (optional)
That seems like a lot to remember, but don’t worry. We’ll walk you through it. Click configure to get started.
Muesli is not only fun to eat, but it’s also fun to make! We’re so excited for you to unleash your creativity with customized Muesli. If you’re new to this, here are a couple of tips.
Tips for creating your own Muesli
- We recommend choosing the Mueslihaus base (our standard ratio of wheat flakes, rolled oats, and barley flakes). But, if you strongly prefer one of these ingredients, you can absolutely choose just one. Rolled oats might be the best bet for gluten sensitivities, but we can’t guarantee that they’re absolutely gluten-free. Read more here.
- Don’t skip the base fruits. Base fruits (with the exception of coconut flakes) add a little sweetness to your Muesli that you’ll most likely appreciate. If you’re not sure which base fruit to choose, try dates. Dates have a subtle texture (not as chewy as raisins or apricots) and a more traditional sugary taste. People often describe them as having a slight caramel flavor.
- Special fruits are the fun fruits that add the most flavor and color to your Muesli. Before you choose, you should know that strawberries and blueberries are mostly sweet. Raspberries are the perfect balance of sweet and tart (half sweet, half tart). Cranberries are mostly tart.
- Each ingredient comes with unique health benefits. If you’re choosing for health rather than taste, be sure to check out our ingredients page.
Some other things you should know about customized Muesli
- Customized Muesli is sold in traditional packaging like every other Muesli. Maybe one day we’ll find a way to send you a fancy jar, but for now, it’ll be sent in a nice and fancy brown bag.
- Although some ingredients are pictured in their full form (like pecans and cashews), you shouldn’t go treasure-hunting for full pecans when you get your Muesli. We chop them before adding them.
- We put pictures of most of our nutrition labels online. For obvious reasons, we can’t do that with customized Muesli. So, once it’s made, we’ll send you an email with your personalized nutrition label.
- Customized Muesli takes a bit longer for us to prepare and package, so we might need an extra 2 to 3 days until we ship your order. Please be patient with us! It takes a bit of work to create your Muesli with the proper proportions so it tastes as delicious as you want it to.
That’s all for now. Now, go make your own Muesli you daring little Muesli-maker!
For more information about the ingredients in your Muesli, please visit our ingredients page.